Tuesday 8 May 2018

Happiness is like a butterfly

Sharing a quick card today made using one of my new Lavinia stamps, Zen Butterfly. I’m a bit of a fan of butterflies.....well who isn’t?! 

First, I blended Distress Oxide inks through a circle stencil. In this case I used Peacock feathers, Squeezed lemonade and Shaded lilac. Then using the same colours I randomly stamped the butterfly, overlapping in places. 

I then watered down some white gesso, picked some up on a brush and flicked onto the background. 

Then, I removed the stencil and flicked the white space with the oxide inks. Just add a small amount onto your craft mat, add some water,load a brush and flick onto the cardstock. I like the way this pulls everything together. 

I then stamped the butterfly onto heat embossible acetate with black Archival ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. Then stuck this to a sheet of double sided adhesive. I removed the backing sheet and pressed it into Indigoblu Winter Dawn flakes. Pressed firmly and burnished. 

Then the butterfly was cut out and stuck to the centre of the circle leaving the wings loose. I also edged some card with the same flakes and used this as a mat to tie everything together. 

All layered onto a 7x7 card base. 

Hope you like it xxx

This shows the detail on the background with the stamping and ink splatters. 

2 comments:

Tracey T said...

This is so beautiful, I love this butterfly too, you can't have too many 🦋 I love the gilding flakes, definitely going to try this xx

Lynne Gilbert said...

Thank you Tracey. That’s the first time I’ve had the guilding flakes out for ages. But I do love them xxx